Hello everyone!

I am a graduate student in the Curriculum and Instruction Dept. at the University of Victoria. I’m from the UK, and have been a primary (elementary) school teacher for 12 years before moving here and starting my studies. I mostly taught grades 3 and 4, but have experience across K-6.

My key interests are in the teaching of computing, STEM, and mathematics.

Here are the questions and answers about my preferred communication/learning styles:

What is your preferred mode of remote communication?  Honestly I’ve used so many platforms and don’t have a preference. GoogleMeet, Teams, Zoom, Adobe connect… Happy with any!

What are your communication strengths?  I’m organized, I listen, I have experience working with a range of people and organizations.

What are your communication weaknesses? Where would you like to grow?  Online presentation skills.

Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?  Honestly, somewhere in the middle! I enjoy working with others, but also value alone time.

What time zone are you in?  Victoria, BC – PDT.

What time of day do you prefer doing academic work?  Mornings/Afternoons, preferably not evenings but if there is a push on to get something done then I’m not adverse to this

When you are upset do you tend to share this with others or keep it to yourself?  I tend to keep it to myself, except when it could cause future problems or I can foresee the reason for my emotions being detrimental to getting something done.

What do you like about group work?  I like learning from others!

What don’t you like about group work?  Sometimes I would just like to ‘get on with it’ and can find it hard waiting for others to complete their parts or to get back to me.

What else would you like your team to know? I’m keen to learn! I bet you all have much to teach me.